Monday, March 3, 2014

My first-grader has been begging for an alarm clock and he is going to love this one at Christmas! It has several funny sayings that are clear to understand and appropriate if he decides to mimic them, and I'm sure he will. All the sayings I listened to are in a male voice - just an observation. After the funny "wake up" saying, the clock shakes vigorously. Hopefully the construction is good enough that it survives shaking itself off the bedside table and onto the floor every morning. View more Timex T156B Wake-up Shake and Wake Alarm Clock (Black)



The only drawbacks are that it is not very loud and it requires batteries. Otherwise, it is a fun way to wake up.I was always trying to get my son out of bed and ready for school on time. I bought this and we have no problems. It "talks" to him and shakes all over his bed to get him up. Half the fun is hiding it in his covers for an extra surprise.

My only downsize is some of the language is not for younger ears. There were a couple of phrases I was less than thrilled with but my son doesn't seem to be using them so I've learned to pick my battles. Definitely consider it for 6 years and up.

This gift for our 10 year old was well received.She loves the many voices and makes sure it is set every evening for a fun wake up. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment