Sunday, February 16, 2014

The clock is helping our grandson get up each morning when he would love to sleep in. It does it's job.

First of all, lots of people selling fakes here, I got one too, it was a cheap piece of junk, the seller isn't listed anymore so hopefully amazon dealt with them.

What prompted me to get this as a gift is the fact that I'm almost impossible to wake up and i get up in a haze and shut off my alarm and don't remember doing it, I've tried so many things to get me out of bed and get out of the haze at least to the point where I am cognizant enough to get started with my day. Another problem is that I over time tune out the noise of even the loudest alarm clocks.

It seems well made, it's light with heavy rubber treads on the wheels, very loud alarm, you can't adjust the volume but it's a good volume for the hard to wake which i think is the target market.

The good. It works! But not in the way I imagined. What makes it the most effective for me is the sound of it thudding onto my carpet and the irregular beeps and boops get me up fast, I can't tune them out because it's not a consistent sound so far. It gets me up fast and I hit the 9 minute snooze and the 2nd time I"m good to go. I like that you can adjust the snooze time from 1 to 9 minutes. It looks slick on my entertainment stand, I like the design quite a bit. The alarm is a good loudness, fairly loud, enough to get anybody up but not ear splitting like some alarms i've had.



The bad. I didn't knock it much for this because it says "it does not work on shag carpet." but this is a bit misleading. There is not shag carpet but standard medium or high pile carpet in my room but it pretty much can't move on it, sometimes it can but most of the time it doesn't make it more than a foot. When the wheels rotate, the body rotates the opposite direction and counteracts the wheels by digging into the carpet. It works fine on floor but every room i've ever lived in in carpeted, this wouldn't be an issue if the wheels were 1/4 inch bigger in diameter. Nanda Home is missing a valuable opportunity by not selling slightly larger carpet tires, I would buy them in a heartbeat. I"m going to try and tape some foam rubber to the wheels and hope it works better on carpet.

Perfect alarm clock for deep sleepers I use it everyday and when the alarm goes on I pretty sure the people downstairs hear the alarm too lol the only thing is that it is military time so it can be confusing

Unfortunately, the clock arrived broken. When we first put batteries in it, the digital time display was unreadable. We returned the clock.




MY daughters friend had this same alarm clock. Naturally, my daughter wanted the same one. Though her friends alarm clock was damaged and was no longer mobile after a few uses, I got one for her. After working the first two times, it no longer worked. I would have returned it, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle.

We love our Clocky alarm clock; it rolls away if we don't get up to turn it off! The cutest alarm clock on the planet.

My 5 year old niece needed a good alarm clock for her first year in kindergarten. I bought this one because it had great reviews. She got it for Christmas and upon tearing into the box like little kids do, we found out that something was defective where the time is displayed. Typically, such items have a sticker over the display with a generic time printed on it. This one was no exception except for the fact that there is no sticker. Either that or the item was defective and the sticker is literally underneath display. Either way, there is a big 12:00 over the display that makes it impossible to read the real time displayed and that includes setting the alarm or any of the other functions. You cant read anything becaue of the 12:00 over it. Its useless. We have tried so hard to remove this mystery phantom sticker that now the display is scratched around the edges. Very disappointed that I wasted all that money on an alarm that you cant read the display and is unusable. Unsure if anyone else had this problem with it or this one is just defective but Id try to find it in person before buying online again.

It works so well i wake up before it goes off most of the time. Fun way to wake up.

So. Loud. It is extremely effective at waking up even the heaviest sleeper. It's durable, too. Mine has rolled off the desk dozens of times and still works fine. My only complaint is that the battery life is not amazing. It seems I need to change the batteries every 3-4 months, which is a lot for a clock. Click here >>> Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels  <<<

0 comments:

Post a Comment